While I didn’t have much time to work on the Hytte this weekend (outside of installing one light fixture and the remaining curtain rods – I guess I got a little done after all), I did manage to snap a few pictures of our previous progress.
We’ve got the Hytte to the point of being usable, with a good bit of comfort included as well.
Even have a place for Loren to sleep in there now.
Of course, we have a long way to go still. The bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling is usually a good indicator of that. We also plan to build a nice mantel for the fireplace – the fireplace that doesn’t work, mind you. We’ll have to take care of that at some point too.
And these floors, despite having been cleaned with a hose and leaf-blower (it was quite the scene), still need a good sealing finish. But I do love the flagstone:
We’ve also come a long way on the half-bath at this point:
The floors are bamboo, and the toilet actually works! The walls are Behr’s “Cranapple.” We still need to hem the curtains – that will have to wait though.
The sink top was in my grandparent’s old house. You could imagine my surprise when I found out it fit that wall with no more than two inches to spare. We built the base from pine, then primed and painted it to match the fireplace wall (Behr “Adolescence”).
It needs to get hooked up for plumbing, but we are still searching for the right faucet fixture before we are ready for that step.
All-in-all, we’re a far cry removed from the mess we bought a few years ago:
A work in progress no doubt – but the end is in sight.